I definitely have a sweet tooth that is why it is really a challenge for me to limit my intake of sweets. This is why I made a dessert recipe that is not only sweet but also good for my digestion. I incorporated some ingredients that are high in fiber. Although this is a healthier option, I still keep myself from munching more.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1 cup Instant Oatmeal or Rolled Oats
½ cup Peanut Butter
⅓ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
⅓ Flax Seeds
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
⅓ cup Honey
- Blend the oatmeal or crush it to finer pieces.
- Put it in a large bowl and add the peanut butter, dark chocolate chips, flax seeds, chia seeds, and honey.
- Mix them all together until all ingredients are incorporated with one another. If the mixture is too sticky, add more oatmeal. If the mixture is too dry, add more honey.
- Put the mixture in a large pan and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Cut the mixture into smaller bite-sized bars.
These bars are good for desserts and snacks. You can also add some nuts if you prefer. Let me know if you have tried making these oatmeal energy bars too.